Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tips, Tricks & Challenges - Challenge #3 (Rural)

I have to say that this has been the hardest challenge yet. Los Angeles doesn't really have a lot of rural areas and all of the dairy farms that used to surround La Mirada (my hometown) have been developed with strip malls, movie theaters or acres of homes. I really wanted to get a "cow" shot, but these will have to do. I know they're a stretch, but thanks for looking anyhow!


I took this photo on a hike up at the top of the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. It was 106 at the bottom and only 71 at the top! Kenny and I really enjoyed the hike and I took a lot of pictures, but for some reason I kept coming back to this one. For some reason, I can relate to this tree.



So, by the time I got around to taking these pictures (last month), there weren't many crops of anything left anywhere! While on our way to church I spotted some corn in the back of a strawberry patch, so we took a little detour and I got my shot, FINALLY!!

Blessings,


Deb

3 comments:

Jane F. Smith said...

WOW!! fantastic shots!!!

Sandie Dunn said...

Very cool stalks of corn! I really like the angle they were taken at. Neat!

Mel said...

Great job! I really enjoyed them!