Sunday, September 7, 2008

Tips, Tricks & Challenges - Challenge #3 (Urban)

Now we're talking! I was really excited to see that Challenge #3 had an "urban" theme. I hadn't been to Los Angeles (downtown) in ages and this was a great opportunity for dh and I to hop in the truck and head down to our favorite little taco shack! It's just a few minutes outside of downtown.This was a much easier challenge than the rural shot! In fact, I had a difficult time selecting which photos to use for this one. I hope you like the ones I chose. :)




We drove down to Skid Row to try and grab a couple of shots. The first photo op I spotted was a guy sprawled across his shopping cart reading a "ahem" magazine. We quickly drove around the corner so we could get into position for the shot but when we returned, he had disappeared into thin air. After looking for him a bit, I spotted this alley and thought the colors would make a great shot. I hope you like it!



This actually started out as a practice shot while practicing changing my setting on my camera from color to black and white. At first I was just shooting the wall, but then thought the parking meter outside our window was so representative of LA. I am really pleased with how it came out!

Thanks for looking!!

Deb